Brad Meador

blog       music       about
Jun 08

Lovely Night: Duet with Erin Connolly (M.E. Cover)

Mary Elizabeth BeckmanErin and I recorded Mary Elizabeth Beckman’s song Lovely Night as a duet:

Lovely Night

We took some liberties with one of the verses; I think M.E. would be ok with that.  Click M.E.s picture to the right to hear the original.

This the first time Erin and I have sung together.  I think we may have to work up some other songs soon!

1. I absolutely love it….Erin has a voice of an angel and you sing beautifully together…you really compliment each other.

Comment by Theresa Connolly Paul — June 8, 2010

2. Nice smooth sound. The guitar part is clean and the vocals have a great blend.

Comment by Karen — June 9, 2010

3. Wonderful, FAB!!!!! It really put a smile on my face to hear you two together!!! Keep it up!

Comment by Betsy Boyd-Baxley — June 9, 2010

4. Sounds amazing! Great contrast of vocals. I can’t wait to hear more duets with the both of you!

Comment by Amber — June 10, 2010

5. ME’s original is truly lovely, but as a duet this song has found a beautiful new life. You’ll touch hearts with your vocal blend and guitar magic. Just can’t stop listening…Now you two will be sticking around with me every night! Loving it!

Comment by Becky — June 13, 2010

6. I first heard this as the overture to Robin’s wedding. The music, the lyrics, and how you and Erin presented were so beautiful that I found myself crying. I didn’t know the sad story behind the song at that time.

I would love to download it because it has so much significance. Please let me know if/when you make it available.

Thank you again for gracing that beautiful ceremony.

Vickie G.

Comment by Vickie — November 9, 2010

7. Vickie – thanks for your comments! We were honored to play this song at Robin’s lovely wedding.

We plan to re-record in the near future and will post here. In the meantime, you can download the one above by right-clicking the link and saving to your computer (“Save Target as…” or “Save link as…” depending on the browser you are running).

Thanks again!

Comment by brad — November 10, 2010

8. Hi Brad,

I did the “right click” thing yesterday right after posting. I have it now. 🙂

Thank you again. The way you and Erin did the song is a real tribute to Mary Elizabeth. The love shows.

I hope to hear you both again.

Vickie